Monday, March 31, 2008

What Do I See?

I opened up our album,
And what did I see?
A youthful picture of you and me.

When I turned the page,
A different picture, I did see.
Instead of two, I saw three

Then I turned another.
Were there really more?
Sure enough, I saw four.

Time continued to travel on.
One child grew up, didn’t she.
On the next page I saw only three

We didn’t stay three for long.
For, married he was to be.
Again, it was just you and me.

The years continued to march by.
Turning several more pages, what did I see?
I saw a much older you and me.

Over the years, we took on each other’s traits.
I became you, don’t you see?
And you became me.

Now, we are one and the same.
When I see myself, I also see thee,
When I see you, I also see me.

Could I imagine a life without us two?
I turned another page and what did I see?
A blank page, showing neither you, nor me.

If it weren’t for you to share my life,
I’d only be a blank page.
Nothing to see, nothing to be.

My love, if I don’t have you,
I also don’t have me.

April, 2006

1 comment:

Ginger Tate said...

I love this! I cannot even think about you not in my life. I have the most awesome husband!